New Buyer Engagement for Area Freight Broker
Playbook Advisory has been engaged by a Chicago based company seeking to grow by acquisition and who is interested in acquiring a competing freight broker
Exclusive Engagement to source, negotiate and successfully close an acquisition target:
Our client is looking to continue their impressive growth to almost $3mm in revenues in 2016 by retaining Playbook Advisory to assist in sourcing potential acquisition candidates. The company is interested in meeting with freight brokers and business owners who see teh value in teaming up with a leading edge company offering customers the very best in customer service as well as a proprietary technology platform.
We are interested in speaking with owners of competing Freight Broker who's companies fit the following criteria:
- Located anywhere in North America
- Freight Brokers with their own customers
- Pure Brokerage is preferred
- Handle Specialty Parcels for customers
- Ideally 4-25 pallets per delivery
- $1mm in annual revenues are the ideal target
- Customer Concentration is acceptable - 2 or 3 clients can generate 50% of business
- Sellers seeking a transition strategy with a leading Chicago based freight broker company
The Playbook Advisory sales team representing the seller is led by Jim Peddle, Founder & President. Please contact Jim directly at 312-525-9622 or by email at email@example.com.
About Playbook Advisory:
Playbook Advisory is a leading U.S. business brokerage firm that is headquartered in Chicago, IL. Our firm works with business owners seeking to sell their successful lower middle market companies utilizing our proven marketing and sales platform. Playbook Advisory also targets acquisition opportunities for growth minded business owners.
Facts About the Freight Brokerage Industry:
1. Nearly all goods transported in the United States move by truck at some point in the journey. Trucks carry over 60% of the annual gross tonnage moved in the US, making trucking the “backbone” of the intermodal (AIR, SEA, LAND) transportation network.
2. Each day millions of big rig tractor trailers (also known as semi-trucks,18-wheelers and motor carriers) move freight throughout the United States from one destination to another. These rigs pull various types of cargo ranging from perishable foods, consumer goods to general cargo. In fact, 70% of all manufactured and retail goods transported within the US on an annual basis are via truck.
3. Transportation occurs daily, over $12,000,000,000,000 (trillion) dollars per year globally. Transportation within the US exceeds $1 trillion annually, of which US trucking represents well over $600 billion. Source:http://www.usfreightbrokers.com/content/industry
Tags: Playbook Advisory, Jim Peddle, Freight Broker, New Engagement